How To Have The Most Fun In Collingwood This YearFebruary 28th, 2015
Well all know it! You work hard and you need a vacation. It’s time to put the work boots in the closet and visit Collingwood and here’s why:
- YOU WORK TOO HARD!
- YOU HAVEN’T BEEN ON VACATION IN AT LEAST A YEAR!
- YOU NEED TO EXPERIENCE THE ACTION AND BEAUTY OF COLLINGWOOD!
Collingwood is located right on Georgian Bay and minutes away from Ontario’s largest ski resort. The town has become one of Southern Ontario’s tourist attractions. Whether you have been here before or are just wanting to check it out for the first time, I am going to lay out how you and your family can have the most fun in Collingwood this year.
Collingwood over the years has had many new attractions come to town. Here is a list of all things FUN you and your family can do this vacation year.
- Blue Mountain – Blue Mountain has something for everyone and it’s not just a ski resort anymore. The Blue Mountain Village is filled with restaurants, stores, and activities such as ice skating, paddle boats, rock climbing, ropes course, mountain coaster, splash area, down hill biking, mini golfing and 18 hole golf course, and so much more.
- Scandinave Spa – Scandinave Spa is arguably the best outdoor/indoor spa in all of Ontario. The spa is nestled nicely in a breathtaking forest area surrounded by the wild. You will have your option of cold pools, hot pools, steam shower, saunas, or just take a break on a hammock or lay out on a chair. Take advantage of their deli or grab a massage.
- XtremeAdventures Hummer Tours – XtremeAdventures is a great way to get the whole family together and do some off roading fun up and around Blue Mountain. They also offer snowshoeing and jetski rentals.
- Georgian Bowl – Go bowling with the family! Better yet go glow in the dark bowling.
- Wasaga 500 Go-Karts – Go-Karting at it finest. This track is the largest in the area at 1 mile per lap.
- Gayety Theatre – Entertaining us all with the live arts since 1911, the Gayety Theatre is one of Collingwoods oldest treasures. Come watch a live show with the family one evening.
- Scenic Caves – Explore the caves of the Niagara Escarpment. Go deep into the caves, tunnels, caverns and trails. Take a ride on Canada’s longest twin zip line at 2550 feet long! Or take a walk on the 420 foot suspension bridge!
These are just a few of the many things Collingwood has to offer you on your vacation. Of course, maybe you just want to sit back, relax and enjoy some peace and quiet. You can do that, too! Collingwood’s downtown has everything you need within walking distance. Shop, dine and explore!